your health and well-being
It’s normal to feel anxious or stressed in times of difficulty. Multiple resources are available that offer support, information and help:
in an emergency, always dial 111
main health websites
- https://www.healthnavigator.org.nz/ Provides up to date and verified information by NZ’s leading health professionals.
- Healthline – For general health advice and info 0800 611 116
- All things Govnt Health: https://www.health.govt.nz/
- Covid19 health advice 0800 358 5453
- Covid19 vaccination advice 0800 28 29 26
- Book My Vaccine: https://bookmyvaccine.covid19.health.nz/
- Traffic Light Protection Framework: https://covid19.govt.nz/traffic-lights/
- Covid-19 Mental Wellbeing – click to find out more
mental health resources
families, children and young people
- Parent Help – 0800 568 856 for parents/whānau seeking support, advice and practical strategies on all parenting concerns. Anonymous, non-judgemental and confidential.
- Youthline – 0800 376 633, free text 234 or email [email protected] or online chat.
- thelowdown.co.nz – or email [email protected] or free text 5626.
- What’s Up – 0800 942 8787 (for 5–18 year olds).
- NNFVS National Network of Family Violence Services 03) 391 0040
general healthlines & information
- Travel Safe: https://www.safetravel.govt.nz/
- Heart Health: www.heartfoundation.org.nz
- Diabetes Health www.diabetesauckland.org.nz
- Asthma www.asthma.org.nz
- Arthritis www.arthritis.org.nz
- Breast screening and cervical smears www.nsu.govt.nz
- Immunisations www.immune.org.nz
- Gambling Helpline Gambling Helpline
- Stop Smoking: Quitline
- Alcohol and drug help: Alcohol and Drug Helpline
- Free Counselling: 1737, need to talk?
- Poisons helpline: NZ National Poisons Centre