The Community Health Social Worker provides social work support and assistance to people and their whanau / families experiencing health, disability and social issues impacting adversely on their lives.
Community Health Social Worker Service
The Community Health Social Worker works in collaboration with people in a respectful manner, and aims to facilitate opportunity for people to make positive choices that builds on existing strengths and capacities, promotes self-determination and social connection.
The community Health social worker assists with;
- Poverty issues.
- Information and support with addressing family violence including abuse of Older People.
- Child and Family issues, parenting and/or care and protection concerns.
- Coordination of multiple services that may be involved with individuals and families.
- Support for people experiencing changes in relation to life stages and ageing.
- Disability related issues.
- Employment issues.
- information and assistance with accessing resources, appropriate benefits and entitlements.
- Linkage and liaison with other social, community and health services, both on and off Waiheke.
- Provides assessment for Total Mobility Scheme (subsidised taxi fare).
Contact: Rozanne Gold MANZASW – Registered Social Worker