We offer a monthly, subsidised dietitian clinic. Our dietitian, Sharon Carey has 20 years’ experience as a registered dietitian. Sharon has a background in mind body healthcare and psychotherapy and uses a whole person approach that focuses on the whole person, especially by knowing a person’s story. Integrated with this approach will be a comprehensive assessment, diagnosis, and suggestions for drug and dietary treatments.
The Dietitian can help adults and older children with:
- Healthy eating
- Weight management
- Diabetes and pre-diabetes
- High cholesterol
- Diet myth busting
- Food intolerances and allergies
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Lactose intolerance
- Other digestive disorders; Coeliac disease, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, diverticulitis, reflux
- Poor appetite and building up
- Older person’s health
- And other clinical nutrition issues
Access to the Dietitian service is usually through a GP referral, or by contacting us directly to make an appointment.